pork fillet oven baked in a spicy, onion and marmalade glaze
Pork fillet with a sweet glaze has been a family favourite since I was a kid growing up in South Africa. A simple dish that is delicious for a weeknight meal and flavoursome enough to impress for a dinner party. I sometimes make this with chicken breasts as an alternative to pork fillet.
- 40g butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/3 cup marmalade (apricot jam also works well)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or gluten free alternative)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp ground fenugreek
- approximately 800g pork fillet
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add spices, ginger, marmalade, soy sauce and lemon juice. Stir over a low heat until jam has melted.
- Place pork in a shallow ovenproof dish and cover with sauce, ensuring that the pork is covered in onions.
- Roast in an 180 degree Celsius oven for 30 to 40 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillet) until cooked through.
- Cover the pork and rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with potatoes your way, your favourite vegetables and topped with the sauce.
- Enjoy your pork fillet!
For other pork ideas click here.