tasty pecan, cacao and almond butter bars that are gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free and paleo friendly
These full flavoured frozen delights are simple to make and packed with goodness. The bars are sweetened by dates and maple syrup while the addition of pecans makes for a crunchy texture.
If you don’t have a Thermomix, a good food processor will do the job. Silicone moulds aren’t essential either. A plain old baking tin lined with baking paper will work fine.
There’s room to experiment here too. You can change up the nuts to walnuts or brazil and I think the addition of cinnamon would work a treat. You could also swap the maple syrup for honey and if you’re really feeling adventurous you could add a layer of almond butter on the top of the brownie bars.
- 5 medjool dates
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (liquid form, warm if necessary)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- Add dates to TM bowl and blitz for 20 seconds, speed 7.
- Add pecans to TM bowl along with the dates and blitz for 3 seconds, speed 6. Try not to over blitz, small chunks is what you’re after.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix for 20 seconds, speed 4.
- Spoon the mixture into a moulded silicone tray in the shape of bars. If you don’t have one then line a small baking tray and spoon in and flatten out the mixture.
- Freeze for at least an hour before removing the bars or slicing.
- Store your brownie bars in the freezer.