chicken wings lightly dusted, oven baked and brushed with a BBQ honey glaze
Chicken wings are a regular feature on the menu whenever we’re entertaining. Grilled, smoked or oven baked chicken wings are the perfect finger food. These wings are lightly dusted in a simple spice mix and topped off with a sweet and sticky glaze. The recipe calls for them to be oven baked however they will taste equally as good (if not a little better) cooked on the barbecue or smoker.
- 1kg chicken wings (separated into wingettes and drumettes)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup espresso BBQ sauce (we left out the espresso this time to be kid friendly)
- 2 tbsp honey
- Using paper towel pat dry the chicken wings and place them in a bowl.
- Toss together with the kosher salt and arrange the wings on a rack and leave uncovered in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees celsius (430f).
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground ginger and black pepper in a bowl.
- Dust the wings in the spice mixture and arrange on a rack.
- Place in the oven and cook for approximately 35 minutes turning once half way through.
- While the wings are cooking, lightly heat the BBQ sauce and honey in a small saucepan for 3 minutes (do not let it boil).
- Remove the wings from the oven and using a basting brush coat the wings with the sauce.
- Garnish with some chopped spring onions (scallions) and serve!
For other wing ideas check out our grilled honey chipotle wings.