gooey brownies that are gluten, dairy, nut and refined sugar free!
Let me tell you a secret… a paleo chocolate brownie is still a chocolate brownie! If you have never looked into the paleo diet or tried any recipes I urge you to give them a go or at least do a little research. We’re not strict followers of the diet but we do enjoy trying and testing the substitutes and alternatives it suggests for sugar and dairy. I have such a high opinion of these brownies that I put them on a par with my favourite Thermomix brownies, Master Chef Extreme Brownies.
The secret ingredient for these brownies is sweet potato. It gives them their gooey texture and of course, a nutrition boost. Both our kids loved them and had no idea they were eating vegetables. Just be sure to have a wipe on hand because they are very gooey!
For the non Thermomix recipe and ingredients head over to Eat Drink Paleo.
- Peel sweet potato, cut into 3cm chunks and place in TM bowl. Blend for 10 seconds, speed 5.
- Add eggs, vanilla essence, 95g coconut oil and 110g honey. Mix for 10 seconds, speed 5.
- Add 50g cacoa powder, 20g coconut flour, baking powder and soda. Mix for 10 seconds, speed 5.
- *Optional stir through 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into a square tin and bake. If you’re adding chocolate chips, scatter some more on the top before baking.