gluten free, diary free, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies made with chickpeas
These chickpea choc chip cookies are a fantastic alternative to grain based cookies and they have been kid approved in our house. Perhaps it’s the chocolate chips but we’d like to think there’s a little more to it than that! Chickpeas are a great addition to our kids diets as they are packed full of protein, fibre and are a source of iron and zinc.
These are perfect for making in a Thermomix or high powered blender. Store them in the fridge.
- 400g can of chickpeas, drained
- 20g maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 70g peanut butter
- 40g dairy free dark chocolate chips
- Place chickpeas, maple syrup, egg and peanut butter into TM bowl or blender and mix until smooth. Thermomix – 15 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down TM bowl and mix for another 5 seconds, speed 6.
- Stir through chocolate chips.
- Spoon single tablespoons of mixture on to lined baking tray and flatten the top using a butter knife.
- Bake in 180 degree Celsius (355f) oven for 20 minutes.
These chickpea choc chip cookies are extra delicious warm from the oven.