chia pudding topped with strawberry smoothie
I love breakfast chia puddings and breakfast smoothies so the thought of combining the two sounds like a great breakfast to me. Chia seeds are packed full of fibre, protein and Omega-3 fatty acids. They also have calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamin B1 B2 and B3. There are also many articles online about their benefits from weight loss, improving cardiovascular health to increasing energy. They do make a good addition to your diet.
You can make a strawberry chia pudding following the tea cup tea recipe or the below for a coconut chia pudding. The below recipe makes two and needs to rest for at least 20 minutes before layering.
coconut chia pudding ingredients
- 200ml coconut milk
- 150ml water
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
coconut chia pudding directions
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Let sit for 20 minutes to thicken.
strawberry smoothie ingredients
- 1 cup almond milk (homemade recipe here)
- 1 ripe banana
- 250g hulled strawberries
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp psyllium husks (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp marine collegan powder (such as proplenish or luxaplen) – optional
strawberry smoothie directions
- Add all the ingredients into Thermomix or high powered blender and mix until combined. (Thermomix 1 minute, speed 7)
- Layer chia pudding with sliced strawberries and coconut yogurt. Pour smoothie on top of set chia pudding, garnish with frozen berries, shredded coconut or bee pollen.
- Enjoy your chia pudding smoothie!
Other alternatives for chia puddings include our carrot cake chia pudding.