no bake caramel slice converted for Thermomix from Fit Mitten Kitchen
I first came across Fit Mitten Kitchen when taking up the Whole30 challenge with the website having a Whole30 recipe section. I have since converted their Healthy No-Bake Millionaire’s Bars to make in the Thermomix with tasty results. This delicious slice (also known as caramel slice in Australia) has a shortbread base, caramel filling and chocolate topping. The Fit Mitten Kitchen version is gluten free, vegan and paleo friendly.
For the Base
- Add 70g coconut flour, 80g maple syrup and 55g coconut oil to TM bowl and mix for 15 seconds, speed 5.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes before pressing into a lined baking tin. Use the back of a spoon or spatula to smooth out the base.
For the Caramel Middle Layer
- Add all ingredients to TM bowl and mix for 30 seconds, speed 7.
- Scrape down the bowl and repeat.
- Pour the caramel over the base.
For the Top Chocolate Layer
- Add chocolate to TM bowl and grate for 10 seconds, speed 9. Add coconut oil and heat 60 degrees, 4 minutes, speed 3.
- Pour over the caramel layer and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes before slicing.