red cabbage, granny smith apples and avocado mayo
Every barbecue meal deserves a tasty coleslaw, especially one featuring pulled pork. I made this particular apple coleslaw to accompany a smoked pork collar, hence the addition of the granny smith apples. As well as serving on a plate next to a big pile of pulled pork, you can also make burgers with the slaw, pork and some barbecue sauce.
- 1/2 red cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 granny smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion (white or red), diced
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- No secrets here – combined all ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined.